Thursday 8 October 2015

OUGD603: Brief 1- sketches

After looking at different website for baby/ children's branding I started to draw out some ideas and experiments for lettering. 


The type which seems to work the best are the more chunky/ bold letterforms which are rounded as they appear to be more friendly looking rather than the sharp tails on a serif. 

The brief mentioned incorporating an animal into the logo therefore I had a look online as to what sort of wildlife is found in Canada (where the shop would be based). 



Out of all the illustrations the one that seemed the most 'cute' looking and fitting for a baby clothing company would be the fox. Bears seems to be used quite often but I have found that on Canadian and French clothing they do incorporate wildlife into their designs. Therefore I experimented with one of the fox illustrations in ink and watercolour however for branding it would be best to create the illustration on adobe illustrator this would mean that the image would be a vector and could be resized without pixelation. 




To ensure that the logo would work across a range of products both digitally and printed I decided to create the outlines in illustrator to create a vector this means that I can scale the image up or down across a range of sizes without having to redraw my sketch. 






After looking at various different ideas for my logo I figured that because I drew the fox in a circular shop the best way to incorporate the two elements would be to use the shape for the typography.



 I took these initial stages to my tutor Danny for some feedback and he suggested a few things that were incredibly helpful:

- Look at ways you can make the gap smaller between type and image.
- Research into colours, think about using bright colours within the colour palette as this isn't something that is usually created. 
- Look into luxury packaging and how you can put this together as a project not just a logo.
- Also think about how this can be pushed further, can this be made into a website? what products can be made? bags, boxes, tags? how else can this brand be applied?

No comments:

Post a Comment