Wednesday 11 November 2015

OUGD603: Brief 1- Design for screen print

For the green I have selected to stand out and be the main focus I have chosen to source all of printed items to be white. Previously I researched into luxury packaging and I noticed that the most beautiful and noticeable designs were those which were simplistic and only contained the logo. Within my crit with danny he suggested creating patterns for the packaging but I feel as though this would complicate the packaging and wouldn't appeal to a higher market. However patterns in the brands colours could be put onto the clothing within the textiles production. 

For screen printing I created designs that I could expose and print onto different surfaces. To show how the branding could work across a range of products I identified large and small pure white high GSM matte bags, this is because gloss would make the brand look cheap and canvas bags wouldn't be suitable as luxury brands tend to use high quality products to create a consistency in product quality. I have also designed the logo to be printed onto a white gift box, this is so that items such as a newborn set could be put together within this. In luxury packaging I have noticed that gift boxes are extremely popular and the use of tissue paper inside further creates references to the brands identity. In addition I have sourced some neon green ribbon which would be used alongside the gift tags for the clothing and again these will be screen printed. 









Screen printing these items took approximately two days due to the different screens needing to be stripped and exposed. The tissue paper was extremely difficult as it is delicate unlike paper which is what I am used to. The experience of printing onto different surfaces has definitely given me more confidence within traditional print as I have a further understanding on how it works. Exposing the screen twice for post hardening was worth it because I found that the bags/boxes/tissue paper didn't stick to the screen. 


From receiving feedback as well as creating a pattern of the logo I had an idea of creating fun geometric shaped patterns with the spot colour for the inside of the store. This would enhance the colourful and fun aura of the brand and create an experience for parents and children visiting the store. 









No comments:

Post a Comment