Wednesday 11 November 2015

OUGD603: Brief 1- Website & Photography

Website research: 

The website needs to take the brand into an online environment with the same simple white and neon green colour way that can be found on the packaging and digital mock ups of the store. What I want to avoid is an over crowded website with multiple adds and pop ups, when searching I found that these were a problem on cheaper baby clothing websites such as: 



These websites are for a cheaper market and therefore a different audience than tumtums. 

However when searching designer and higher end baby clothing websites, the experience was much better and easier to view the limited elements. This is something to aim for when designing for tumtums. Websites such as Dior, Ralph Lauren and pumpkin patch have really simple layouts with a large area at the top for the logo. As a layout the logo area is really important, with limited clickable links underneath. 







Websites I have previously looked at for baby clothing are incredibly complex and have a large amount of imagery, therefore with the design of this mock up website for tumtums I decided to keep the design incredibly simple and work with the white and neon green I already had for the brand. However for typography and body text I used a simple and rounded sans serif font so it would be easy to read. As a third colour I introduced a dark/mid grey which could be used on the website or on any other material as it isn't as dark as black therefore it isn't as intense for the parents who want to see something which is soft and gentle and therefore approachable and trustworthy for their baby. 


From looking at already existing well designed baby websites I sketched a few different layout ideas: 


I then followed the layout I preferred which was the bottom left and applied imagery as a mockup to show how the website would look if it was to be created. (see below)







To bring all of my printed and digital items together I used the photography studio to ensure that the screen printed packaging was photographed in the right light due to it being white. This will also help in making my work look more professional for my portfolio and isn't something I have done before. In the final imagery I will be mocking up the logo onto a shop front as well on windows as vinyl stickers could be used on the shop. As seen in the website mock up above I have also put the logo onto smaller children's accessories as this is also done in other clothing stores too and further implements the brand. In addition I will photograph the items together and present these all in one post to see a thorough and consistent implement of the branding. 



No comments:

Post a Comment