Wednesday 4 May 2016

OUGD603 Brief 2- Flora, screen printing

I hand screen printed envelopes and florist wrapping paper: 








The results: 




Screen printing onto an A2 screen is not something I have done before especially with white ink as to achieve the right colour consistency it is necessary to make the mixture thicker in ink than medium, therefore making it a necessity to work very quickly so the screen doesn't dry out. The end results I am incredibly happy with as it took a large amount of trial and error to gain the results I wanted to achieve to showcase Flora branding. 

To create multiple mock ups of the logo I also sourced stickers to seal the envelopes from awesome merchandise which were great: 


I also digitally printed the cards to go inside as I was able to get a thicker GSM stock.



To put all these elements together I will need the photography studio at university. I set up the box of lights, backing paper and camera to showcase the prints I have created with the products- flowers. The wrap is black & white so therefore to show off the simplicity I bought very bright flowers. (yellow and pink roses). 




I also made a plan with sketches to help me photograph the printed items: 


No comments:

Post a Comment