Monday 2 May 2016

OUGD603: Brief 3- Penguin Resubmission

Final design: 



For the resubmission there were several elements to complete and send to Penguin: 




My description of the design: 

Melissa Morris- How To Be A Woman

How To Be A Woman discusses various issues that women face and celebrates how 
completely unique all women are. My concept portrays Caitlin’s brilliantly witty and 
intelligent attitude towards feminism through a simple icon of Doc Marten boots. These boots display the endearing qualities of the book as they break all typical conventions of femininity. The font links to the introduction of the typewriter, which played a crucial role in bringing women into work and creating independence. The cover as a whole brings 
together Caitlin’s wonderful personality through bold colours and the juxtaposition of a dress paired with bulky boots. 

Development board for Penguin: 




I also needed to fill out several forms about myself and my design practice these can be seen below: 





The book cover design spray mounted to two copies of the cover: 


Bubble wrapping the mounted boards for safe travelling in the post: 


Sending the items for the post and organising print slots for a deadline was definitely something new that I learnt from this experience. I used a printers in Leeds instead of university as I wanted a coated stock for the cover to best show the printing of the vivid colours. It was quite a lot of organisation which took time away from other projects but it vitally important for my progress as a designer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment