Sunday 22 May 2016

OUGD603: Brief 10- Research

To gain an understanding of authentic Indian cultures I spoke to my neighbour and his family along with looking in various books/ websites to gain a better understanding and to educate myself on the various different elements of culture specific to India. Below is a collection of different visual examples I found that could inspire a new Indian restaurant concept. 



Symbols of idea:

National bird, peacock


National animal: Tiger


National Flower: Lotus


National fruit: Mango



Taj Mahal





River Ganges




Food, spices, colour







Diwali 








Henna









Hindu Temples: 








Festival of colour (Holi):








What I noticed most from discussing these images with my neighbour is the amount of colour found in these images. Of course red is the most common colour of India as it is found in wedding and various other cultural events. However I have rarely found brightly coloured branding in the UK of Indian restaurants. The colour found in food, spices, Holi festival, Hindu temples and fabrics are absolutely beautiful and are definitely something to celebrate within a brand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment