Sunday 22 May 2016

OUGD603: Brief 4 Evaluation

This brief gave me a chance to explore what I had learnt on my placement at Totality GCS, as this is one of the first briefs I have worked solely on packaging designs. Within this brief I have been able to explore research into design for retail, which has given me an insight into what sells in supermarkets. Learning from this I was able to create a successful illustrative design that showcases my ability to work within a new area of design and understand that this must work onto a bottle shape.

My research into colour and layout meant that I understood naturally linked colours were more successful because they were comforting for the consumer. The design I created used illustrations I created of ingredients, which enhanced my ability to draw using illustrator. This brief has allowed me to further experiment with concise and minimal designs to improve the overall design aesthetic. The subtle use of textures within the logo displays the ‘edgy’ nature of the brand without alienating the consumer within the supermarket environment.


By completing this project I now have more confidence with retail based commercial briefs and packaging design is something I would like to continue with developing in the future. I enjoyed the limitations of space and being able to problem solve with the project. By digitally mocking these items I was able to see how they would look if they were to be printed.

No comments:

Post a Comment