Sunday 22 May 2016

OUGD603: Brief 10- Research

After Elmwood visited university to deliver their day group task to create a concept for a brand I felt as though I wanted to pursue this and complete my own task. From discussing issues within graphic design with family members and friends I found that what they mentioned the most lacking was an Indian restaurant/ takeaway that was fun and different.

To gain an understanding of what I would need to create to make the brand concept different I looked at the aesthetic of logo's that are already existing.








I found that from looking at these logos the main points that I want to avoid because they are over used are: 

Red or gold typography/ colour
Using symbols of hindu gods or temples. 
Names of companies which are over used by large amounts of restaurants and take aways.

This means that to be able to create a design for a new restaurant concept I need to conduct further research into Indian culture and how this authenticity can impact the brand concept. 

No comments:

Post a Comment