Monday 23 May 2016

OUGD603: Module Evaluation

This year I feel as though I have produced my best work up to date. This is because within each brief I have been pushing myself to ensure that the quality of design is to the highest standard I possibly can. Within first and second year I had ideas but they were often put together a little patchy and rough. This year I have forced myself to develop and feel more confident using the Adobe suite to create vectors and using indesign to put projects together. To enhance the designs I have also been spending time on the layouts of these on sites such as Behance and my portfolio. This has meant that by considering how it looks on the page I have digitally mocked up and screen printed/ photographed various materials to ensure each projects visually both looks aesthetically good but also shows how the briefs could be real. This has meant that I am proud and happy to show others the work I have produced this year and have been I have had the confidence to explain work and show it to various studios. 

I have changed as a designer in ways I didn't expect. At the start of the year I wasn't sure what sort of graphic design I wanted to be and this meant that though out the year my 10 briefs changed dramatically. But what I have found is that I thoroughly enjoy a range of briefs including branding and packaging. By completing work placements in PPP this has enabled me to learn new commercial skills and has led to my design work being more commercially led as I enjoy working with restrictions which I can push and be creative with. 

Being shortlisted for Penguin was one of the highlights of this module and gaining feedback on my designs with the ability to further develop work was a great experience to have. By receiving feedback from studios I have contacted within PPP and portfolio surgeries with Robot Food I am more confident with my designs and looking forward to the end of year show and applying for junior design jobs. 

Overall no matter what the project is there is a consistent element that I enjoy working with colour and impact of designs. This has meant that I have a further understanding of target audience and i have pushed myself with each brief to research further and develop concepts which make designs interesting. Working collaboratively for brief 8 & 9 was a brilliant experience and feel as though I gained so much from working with other creatives outside of the university. 

No comments:

Post a Comment